- Unique, one-of-a-kind university qualification
The only university mental health qualification in Australia specifically designed to focus on engaging and working with children and adolescents. Be empowered to apply your knowledge in schools and educational settings.
- Award winning study model
Our postgraduate online Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’, recognises the complexity of students' lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience.
- Support 7 days and in the evenings
Get the support you need, when you need it, during your course. VU's support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed.
Gain work-based knowledge and skills to engage successfully with a range of children, adolescents, families, carers and clinicians across educational, therapeutic, community and clinical settings — including for diverse and vulnerable populations.
By exploring advanced care strategies, relevant treatment techniques, therapies and interventions, you’ll be able to create better mental health outcomes for children and adolescents.
You will also undertake research to contribute to our growing understanding of child and adolescent mental health, gaining valuable evidence-based skills and being empowered to drive inter-agency collaboration, as well as schools-based and family-focused interventions.
- Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Engagement and Assessment
- Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- Mental Health Foundations
- Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- Biopsychosocial and Cultural Perspectives in Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Wellbeing in Schools
- Evidence and Research for Practice
- Assessment in Mental Health
- Psychological Therapies
- Perspectives on Addictive Behaviours
- Research Project
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Counselling, Youth Work or Education OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Mental Health OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
With VU Online’s Master of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, you can enhance your skills and transform mental health services. You’ll gain in-demand, specialised skills in evidence-based assessment and intervention approaches in child and adolescent mental health. You can apply your skills in a range of educational, therapeutic, community and clinical settings.
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$2,750 to $2,825 per unit CSP & FEE-HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Oct