- Contemporary curriculum designed by mental health experts
Designed and developed by leading mental health academics and practitioners, the Master of Mental Health will equip you with contemporary approaches to mental health and allow you to transform the delivery of mental health services in Australia.
- Award winning study model
Our postgraduate online Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’, recognises the complexity of students' lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience.
- Support 7 days and in the evenings
Get the support you need, when you need it. VU's support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed.
VU Online’s Master of Mental Health is for allied health and social care professionals ready to gain contemporary, person-centred knowledge to work in and lead multidisciplinary teams and programs that impact and transform mental health services in Australia.
During this course, you will learn to apply contemporary approaches informed by local, national and international health priorities and principles. You will undertake important research to contribute to our growing understanding of mental health. You will also explore advanced care strategies, therapies and interventions to create better outcomes for people from diverse and vulnerable populations.
Studying a contemporary curriculum designed by mental health experts, you will build a comprehensive mental health practice, based on research and evidence, trauma-informed care, and collaboration across mental health services.
12 units in total (11 core + 1 elective).
- Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- Biopsychosocial and Cultural Perspectives in Mental Health
- Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- Mental Health Foundations
- Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Mental Health in Later Life
- Systems Thinking in Public Health
- Psychological Therapies
- Evidence and Research for Practice
- Perspectives on Addictive Behaviours
- Assessment in Mental Health
- Research Project
- Child and Adolescent Engagement and Assessment
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics in Mental Health
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelors degree in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Youth Work, or Education; OR
- A Graduate Certificate in Mental Health; OR
- A Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
With VU Online’s Master of Mental Health, you can enhance your skills and transform mental health services. You’ll gain work-based knowledge and skills in evidence-based assessment and intervention approaches in mental health, which you can use to successfully engage with individuals, families, carers and clinicians across therapeutic, community and clinical mental health settings.
2022 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$2,750 to $2,825 per unit CSP & FEE-HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Oct