The business world is ready now more than ever for a new generation of leaders who are innovative, ethical and agile. The UTS Online MBA prepares leaders of tomorrow with the commercial understanding and business acumen needed to ethically innovate and enable a sustainable future for their field.
Delivered by the UTS AACSB accredited Business School, this 100% online and part-time course allows you to study when it suits you, so you can immediately add value to your career and organisation.
By choosing the Specialisation in Health, prepare to lead in Australia's largest and fastest-growing industry. You will learn:
- Healthcare knowledge and concepts
- Healthcare leadership skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Adaptability and innovation in health settings
Or tailor your MBA to a possible future outside of health by selecting from a range of specialisations, or mix and match electives relevant to your field. Other specialisations include:
- Business Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Organisational Learning
- Technology Management
The Master of Business Administration comprises 12 subjects (72 credit points in total), made up of eight core subjects and four electives. It can be completed in as little as two years, studying part-time
You will have the option to complete your electives through a specialisation pathway, or you can ‘mix and match’ subjects relevant to you through the ‘Flex’ stream.
MBA core subjects
- Leading People and Change
- Marketing in the Age of Technology
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Managerial Economics
- Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Financial Fundamentals
- Governance and Sustainability
- Strategy and Negotiation (capstone)
Plus 4 electives (24CP) from specialisation subjects or 'mix and match' from the ‘Flex’ stream
Health specialisation electives (choose 4)
- Health Promotion
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Leading Health and Social Care
- Managing Quality, Risk and Cost in Health Care
- Planning and Evaluating Health Services
- Fundamentals of Health Information Management
- Foundations in Public Health (3CP) + Indigenous Public Health (3CP)
- Global Health Systems (3CP) + Planetary Health (3CP)
Flex Stream electives
A further 23 electives across other specialisations enable you to tailor your degree to your interests if they ago beyond Health. You can choose 4 from within a specialisation or choose any 4 from the across the subjects*.
- Foundation Studio
- Customer Analytics
- Data Visualisation and Visual Analytics
- Data Ethics and Regulation
- Managing Digital Offerings and Innovation
- Digital Consumer Behaviour
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Emerging Technologies and Marketing
- Digital Marketing Today
- Omnichannel Marketing Strategy
- Mentoring in the Workplace
- Strategic Learning in Workplaces
- Designing Innovative Learning
- Leading Learning
- Leading Innovative Practices
- Evaluating Learning and Innovation
- Leading Organisational Change
- Digital Strategy: Aligning Business and Technology
- Building Enterprise Agility
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Cybersecurity Management
- Cybersecurity Analytics and Insights
- Artificial Intelligence for Enterprises
* Prerequisites or assumed knowledge may apply to some subjects
Applicants must have completed:
Any undergraduate bachelor's degree plus one of the following:
- Minimum GPA of 5.25 on a 7-point scale, or equivalent, and a 90% pass rate
- Four years full-time, or equivalent, relevant* work experience
- Satisfactory performance in the Graduate Management Admission Test with an overall minimum score of 550 with verbal 25, quantitative 35 and AWA 4.0.
- The successful completion of a UTS recognised qualification or equivalent, such as a graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or master’s degree. Satisfactory completion is defined as more than 75% of all subjects completed at pass level (conceded pass not included).
*Relevant work experience is defined from within the ANZSCO groups — 01 Managers, 02 Professionals, 03 Technicians and Trades Workers, 04 Community and Personal Service Workers, 05 Clerical and Administrative Workers, 06 Sales Workers AND demonstrated through a CV and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organisation.
Note: Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements for the Master of Business Administration may use the successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration as a pathway, provided they meet the specific entry requirements.
English language requirements
The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, Internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Your previous studies can be acknowledged as credit towards your online postgraduate studies, provided that it meets relevant course requirements. If you receive a UTS offer of enrolment, and you’ve undertaken previous studies at another institution, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of prior learning. UTS doesn’t determine recognition of prior learning until an offer of enrolment is accepted.
In addition to the specific outcomes of the health related (or other subjects that you choose) the UTS Online MBA learning outcomes are:
Innovative business solutions
Advance your critical thinking and analytical skills to develop innovative solutions that address strategic business issues in complex settings.
Communicate ideas, decisions and strategies clearly and apply interpersonal skills that are sensitive to Indigenous peoples and other diverse people, cultures and contexts.
Learn how to evaluate and apply principles of ethics, sustainability, social responsibility, and Indigenous perspectives to your business decisions.
Gain advanced leadership skills and knowledge that you can integrate into your everyday practice, including researching and analysing complex information and concepts to support business decisions in local and international contexts.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$4,250 per unit FEE HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Aug, Oct