- Award winning study model
VU Online's award winning postgraduate Block Model recognises the complexity of students' lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience. Earn your Master of Public Health faster than on-campus, with our unique study model.
- No exams or textbooks to purchase
The online units have been designed with a student-centred approach that spans across the overarching learning outcomes to the engaging activities and self-determined assessments.
- Support 7 days and in the evenings
VU Online provides you with the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed.
VU Online’s Master of Public Health Global Health Leadership specialisation provides the opportunity for you to lead responses to public health challenges that are faced in an increasingly globalised world.
You will be equipped with the capability to lead, manage and consult on public health projects across different contexts and apply principles of public health practice to complex real-world and emerging issues.
Specialising in Global Health Leadership also prepares you to apply systems thinking to global perspectives and explore the intersectionality across not only social and behavioural determinants of health, but also health systems and policies across cultures and borders.
- Foundations of Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 1
- Public Health in Practice
- Culture and Society in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 2
- Promoting Health in Policy
- Systems Thinking in Public Health
- Public Health Program Management
Specialisation Global Health Leadership
- Global Health Leadership
- Global Health Economics and Finance
- Global Health Systems and Decision Making
- Professional Project
To apply for the online Master of Public Health, you are required to have:
- Completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline OR
- Completed an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Diploma based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
Students may choose to exit after completing 8 units in the course, in which case they may graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Public Health.
Roles in public health are diverse and in high demand. They cover areas of health promotion, disease prevention and policy. Depending on your career goals and skill set, studying the Master of Public Health course with VU Online will open up numerous roles that may interest you.
Global Health Leadership
- Disease Preparedness Researcher
- Disaster Preparedness Coordinator
- Infection Preventionist
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Communications Manager
- Health Administrator
- Senior Advisor - Health
- Policy Advisor - Health
Other roles include
- Public Health Medical Officer
- Lecturer in Health
- Medical/Health Advisor
- Program Officer
- Communicable Disease Analyst
- Project Officer
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$3,050 per unit FEE HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Oct