The online Master of Healthcare Leadership is designed to give you a broad, interdisciplinary perspective on the changing face of healthcare. You might be a registered nurse with many years of experience and want to move out of direct care, or you might be from an allied health background, such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, counselling or optometry, wanting to start your own practice.
Whatever your health background, completing a Master of Healthcare Leadership online gives you more flexibility, more opportunities, and more transferable skills you can take with you into the future.
The online Master of Healthcare Leadership has 11 core units and one elective unit. Learn more about the units you need to study as part of your online healthcare leadership degree below.
- Leading Evidence-based Practice in Health
- Critical Review in Health
- Research Proposal for Health Innovation
- Leading Change in Healthcare
- Strategic Planning and Management in Healthcare
- Envisioning Health Systems, Policies and Practices
- Governance and Accountability in Healthcare
- Social and Emotional Competence in Healthcare
- Contemporary Health Leadership
- Building a Professional Portfolio
- Effective Teaching and Supervision in Health Care
Electives (choose one from)
- Contemporary Mental Health
- Mental Health Across the Lifespan
- Mental Health in Community, Non-Government and Primary Health Settings
- Acute Mental Health
- Physical Health Care in Mental Health
- Supporting Behaviour Change in Mental Health Contexts
- Organisational Behaviour
- Data Management
- The Positive Leader
- Human Resource Management
If you need to exit early, you could still receive a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership.
To qualify for entry into the Master of Healthcare Leadership, all applicants must:
- Have successfully completed a minimum three (3) year Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in a health-related discipline;
- Provide evidence of minimum one (1) year full-time and current work experience at degree level in a health-related field and/or as acceptable to the School Board;
- Be proficient in English.
SCU may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you're eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree.
- Use contemporary theory to drive change
Lead positive change with the ability to research and present solutions to key stakeholders using the latest evidence-based theories in health practice.
- Become a strategic healthcare leader
Further, develop the interpersonal skills needed for effective healthcare leadership, from social and emotional competence, leading effective learning and development of strategy.
- Adapt to changing healthcare systems
Learn contemporary theory, compare health systems, practices and policies to improve quality and efficiencies of services by taking advantage of the latest technology.
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$2,580 per unit FEE HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, Apr, July, Sep, Nov