By completing Southern Cross University’s online Graduate Diploma of Mental Health course, you gain expert knowledge in mental health and psychology, while building the skills needed to confidently respond to patients experiencing mild, moderate and severe mental health challenges.
Developed with the latest industry standards in mind, this program prepares you to work within a range of health settings and disciplines. You will access current and clinically relevant, evidence-based knowledge and learn from leading and clinically active mental health academics from the internationally recognised Faculty of Health.
- Gain immediately implementable skills
- Course material is current and comprehensive
- Become a well-rounded mental health care provider
- Learn from clinically experienced mental health academics
- Dedicated, one-on-one support
- Flexible online learning environment
- Affordable fees, FEE-HELP available
The units that form part of the online postgraduate courses in mental health have been designed to develop the skills required to effectively respond to challenges across a diverse range of mental health fields. You will learn to enhance your own practice, with the most up-to-date and clinically relevant knowledge embedded throughout the coursework. To gain your Graduate Diploma of Mental Health, you will study 8 core units listed below.
- Contemporary Mental Health
- Mental Health Across the Lifespan
- Mental Health in Community, Non-Government and Primary Health Settings
- Acute Mental Health
- Supporting Behaviour Change in Mental Health Contexts
- Building a Professional PortfolioLeading Evidence-based Practice in Health
- Physical Healthcare in Mental Health
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Certificate, all applicants must:
- Have successfully completed a Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in health, psychology or social science-related discipline, and;
- Be proficient in English.
If you are a registered nurse, you could also be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Nursing.
SCU may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you're eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree.
- Holistic mental health treatment
Lay the foundation with skills and knowledge needed to be a well-rounded mental health professional.
- Contemporary mental health focus
Learn from clinically active academics and gain a contemporary understanding of emerging trends in mental health care.
- Develop an evidence-based practice
Develop skills through evidence-based theories and knowledge that can be applied immediately in practice or hospital setting.
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 16 months (part-time)
$2,580 per unit FEE HELP available
- 8 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, Apr, July, Sep, Nov