- Pathway Towards a Career as a Registered Psychologist
The Graduate Diploma of Psychology can be your first step towards becoming a registered psychologist. Fast-track your studies by completing your graduate diploma in only eight units compared to typical 10 or 12 unit graduate programs.
- Entry Without a Bachelor Degree
Have the opportunity to begin the pathway towards becoming a registered psychologist without a bachelor’s degree. If you have five years work experience in any field, you can gain entry to the Graduate Certificate of Psychology, before progressing the Graduate Diploma of Psychology.
- Flexible, Accelerated and 100% Online
ECU degrees allow you to tailor your study to your busy schedule and complete your degree sooner than traditional on-campus study. Experience our engaging online learning environment with support from academics, Student Success Advisors and fellow students.
This is a degree for students who have not studied psychology before.
For students who want to start the pathway to becoming a registered psychologist, it is the equivalent to a bachelor degree with a major in psychology^.
Alternatively, this degree is also a great option for students who are interested in learning about psychology and gaining skills that can be applied to their current field.
Students who have studied Psychology at a Bachelor level before should consider the Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Advanced).
^ECU is currently seeking APAC accreditation
- Psychological Science of Wellbeing
- Psychological Development and Diversity in Childhood
- Psychological Development and Diversity in Adulthood
- Psychological Science of Human Social Behaviour
- Psychological Science of Human Information Processing
- Neuroscience and Human Behaviour
- Correlational Research Design and Analysis
- Experimental Research Design and Analysis
To gain entry to the Graduate Diploma of Psychology online, applicants must have:
- An Australian Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher-level qualification in any discipline (besides Psychology major) from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- A Graduate Certificate of Psychology.
- Foundational understanding and psychological literacy
Build your foundational knowledge in psychological science and develop a deep understanding of human development, behaviours and common psychological disorders across the lifespan.
- Scientific approach
Cultivate a scientific approach to understanding human behaviour and learn to apply psychological theory to real-world contexts.
- Cultural perspectives
Enhance your understanding of cultural differences in psychological health and wellbeing, including for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Apply theories of social psychology to local and global issues and events. Practice self-reflection to enhance your professional development.
Upon successfully completing the Graduate Diploma of Psychology online, you will be able to continue your studies on the pathway to becoming a registered psychologist.
You can take the next step and study a Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Advanced) before applying for provisional registration.
Alternatively, you can apply the skills you gained in your Graduate Diploma of Psychology to a variety of roles in human-centred fields including:
- Human Resource Management
- Human Services
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 16 months (part-time)
$3,220 per unit FEE HELP available
- 8 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept & Nov