- Learn from experts at the leading edge of psychological science.
- Keep up with the latest science and technology.
- Take a world view with course content based on the latest American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines.
- Become a culturally-responsive professional by undertaking a curriculum guided by the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP).
- Be on your path to becoming a registered psychologist or researcher.
- Have flexibility to learn when it suits you with a course that’s been developed for the online learning platform.
With UTS Online’s Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced), you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills to implement principles of psychological science in diverse work settings. The 100% online and accelerated course enables you to immediately add value to your organisation and career.
This course is developed in line with the American Psychological Association Guidelines and offers a curriculum informed by the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project.
Don’t have a psychology background? We offer an online Graduate Diploma in Psychology for professionals from various backgrounds and industries with no qualification in psychology. Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Psychology you may apply for the Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced).
UTS Online’s Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) comprises 6 subjects.
Complete the following subjects:
- Psychological Science Career Readiness – 6 CP
- Advanced Professional Skills and Ethical Issues in Psychology – 6 CP
- Advanced Psychological Assessment and Intervention – 6 CP
- Advanced Research Methods – 6 CP
- Research Project A – 12 CP*
- Research Project B – 12 CP*
*Subjects are double the weighting and duration of the standard 6 CP subjects.
Applicants must have completed one of the following UTS-recognised qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate Diploma
All applicants must have completed the following in the last 10 years:
- An Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited Level 1 program in psychology (or equivalent) with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.0 out of 7.
Psychology qualifications from overseas must be assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) as equivalent to an APAC accredited Level 1 program in Psychology. This assessment must be included in the application.
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
English language requirements
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall and a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
The UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) is suitable for professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries with no qualification in psychology.
- The average annual salary for psychologists, is $112k according to Burning Glass Technologies (2021).
- Psychologists rate their role 4.2 stars for job satisfaction, according to Seek (2022).
Studying this course may also lead to a range of new roles such as psychologist, clinical psychologist, neuropsychologist, counsellor or researcher.
*UTS is currently seeking APAC accreditation.
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 16 months (part-time)
$5,136 per unit FEE HELP available
- 6 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, July, May, Sept, Oct