UTS Online’s Graduate Certificate in Public Health is designed for professionals who are passionate about public health and want to explore the social, cultural and ethical perspectives of health to drive better outcomes across all levels of society.
- Delivered 100% online, and part-time, you will gain immediately applicable skills to make a greater impact in your current role and prepare for future health challenges.
- Tailor your studies with the option to progress into a Master of Public Health, and choose to major in data analytics, sub-major in leadership, or select from a range of advanced electives to transform your career goals.
- UTS was rated above world standard for Excellence in Research in Australia for Public Health & Health Services (ERA, 2018).
- Ranked 1st in Australia for universities under 50 years (QS Top 50 under 50 2021).
The UTS Online Graduate Certificate in Public Health comprises four study periods, or 24 credit points (CP) in total. Upon successful completion you will have the opportunity to enrol into the Graduate Diploma in Public Health, and onto the Master of Public Health.
The UTS Online Public Health course also provides alternative Graduate Certificate specialisation pathways, offering the opportunity to study a Graduate Certificate in Public Health and Communicable Disease or a Graduate Certificate in Health Analytics.
- Foundations in Public Health (3 CP) + Indigenous Public Health (3 CP)
- Social Perspectives in Public Health (6 CP)
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology (6 CP)
Plus 6 credit points from the Master of Public Health core or other elective subjects from the following:
- Advanced Biostatistics* (6 CP)
- Advanced Epidemiology** (6 CP)
- Data Visualisation and Visual Analytics (6 CP)Communicable Disease (6 CP)
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics (3 CP) + Fundamentals of Qualitative Research (3 CP)Foundations of the Australian Healthcare System (6 CP)
- Using Health Care Data for Decision Making (6 CP)
- Policy, Power and Politics in Health Care (6 CP)
- Contemporary Approaches to Digital Health (6 CP)
- Fundamentals of Health Information Management (6 CP)
- Global Health Systems (3 CP) + Planetary Health (3 CP)
- Health Promotion (6 CP)
- Health Systems and Change (6 CP)
- Improving Safety and Quality in Health Care (6 CP)
- Leading Health and Social Care (6 CP)
- Managing Quality, Risk and Cost in Health Care (6 CP)
- Non-communicable Disease (6 CP)
- Organisational Management in Health Care (6 CP)
- Planning and Evaluating Health Services (6 CP)
- Quality and Safety Improvement Methods (6 CP)
- Systems and Services Innovation (6 CP)
- Foundations of Business Analytics (3 CP) + Data Processing Using SAS (3 CP)
- Data Processing Using R (3 CP) + Data Processing Using Python (3 CP)
- Enabling Enterprise Information Systems (6 CP)
- Database (6 CP)
- Data Ethics and Regulation (6 CP)
- Accounting Practices and Tools (3 CP) + Sustainable Enterprise in Dynamic Systems (3 CP)
- Delivering Customer Value (3 CP) + Applied Financial Management (3 CP)
- Foundation Studio (6 CP)
- Customer Analytics (6 CP)
- Machine Learning (6 CP)
- Innovation Studio (12 CP)
- Financial Analytics (6 CP)
*Fundamentals of Biostatistics is a prerequisite for this subject.
**Fundamentals of Epidemiology is a prerequisite for this subject.
Note: Students may also select electives from the UTS Online Advanced Nursing course, provided they meet the specific eligibility criteria for these subjects. Schedule a call with a Student Enrolment Advisor to learn more.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue
Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may also be considered eligible.
Alternative admissions pathways may be available.
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee an offer of a place.
English language requirements
The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper-based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet-based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Your previous studies can be acknowledged as credit towards your online postgraduate studies, provided that it meets the relevant course requirements.
If you receive a UTS offer of enrolment, and you’ve undertaken previous studies at another institution, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of prior learning. UTS doesn’t determine recognition of prior learning until an offer of enrolment is accepted.
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 8 months (part-time)
$3,096 per unit FEE HELP available
- 4 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Oct