- Award winning study model
VU Online's award winning postgraduate Block Model recognises the complexity of students' lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience. Earn your Master of Public Health faster than on-campus, with our unique study model.
- No exams or textbooks to purchase
The online units have been designed with a student-centred approach that spans across the overarching learning outcomes to the engaging activities and self-determined assessments.
- Support 7 days and in the evenings
VU Online provides you with the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed.
VU Online’s Master of Public Health specialising in Health Promotion allows you to explore how effective health promotion works, to understand and act on factors that cause poor health and those that create and sustain good health.
Within this specialisation, you will build an in-depth understanding of health policies, sociological implications and global health concerns, gaining the skills required to address contemporary health issues that affect both individuals and communities. You will acquire the skills to inspire people and communities to act with regard to their own health and create physical, social and economic environments that are supportive and encourage good health
- Foundations of Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 1
- Public Health in Practice
- Culture and Society in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 2
- Promoting Health in Policy
- Systems Thinking in Public Health
- Public Health Program Management
Specialisation Health Promotion
- Innovative and Evidence-Based Health Promotion
- Social Media and Social Marketing Approaches to Health Promotion
- Global Contexts of Health Promotion Practice with Diverse Populations
- Professional Project
To apply for the online Master of Public Health, you are required to have:
- Completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline OR
- Completed an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Diploma based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
Students may choose to exit after completing 8 units in the course, in which case they may graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Public Health.
Roles in public health are diverse and in high demand. They cover areas of health promotion, disease prevention and policy. Depending on your career goals and skill set, studying the Master of Public Health course with VU Online will open up numerous roles that may interest you.
- NGO Manager
- Health Promoter
- Public Health Researcher
- Community Health Promoter
- Public Policy and Strategy Consultant
- Health Educator
- Health Promotion Research Coordinator
Other roles include
- Public Health Medical Officer
- Lecturer in Health
- Medical/Health Advisor
- Program Officer
- Communicable Disease Analyst
- Project Officer
2023 academic year student fees shown are subject to change. You may also be required to pay student amenities fees. Contact the university directly to confirm.
Fees shown are per unit. The number of units are listed below fees. Together they indicate the total fees for the course.
FEE-HELP loans are available to assist eligible full-fee paying domestic students with the cost of a university course.
- Study Mode: Online
- 24 months (part-time)
$3,050 per unit FEE HELP available
- 12 units
Start Date: Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Oct